Friday, March 23, 2012

Stream of Consciousness

Oh gee, it's been a while since I updated here. All I can do about that is apologize.


Things have been extremely busy on the Spain end of things. I'm preparing for Nepal, fulfilling all of my duties for being a functioning member of the academy family here, fulfilling extra expectations so that things may run even more smoothly once I've left them a man down in two weeks, and sometimes I even sleep. My sleep schedule is as concerning to me as it is to my parents, whether they believe that or not, and I can't help but wonder if it will make jet lag even nastier to recover from.


I'll be on my way back to the US of A on the 12th of April and, as much as I am looking forward to Starbucks, Panera, and peanut butter being a part of my life again, I am having very mixed feelings about pretty much everything right now, leaving Spain chief among them. I hope to write something a bit more conclusive to this leg of the experience either on layover in Barajas or on the plane ride itself. We'll see. If the words aren't there, they aren't there, I'm beginning to learn and accept.


While I don't have anything terribly organized to impart to you, I thought I might share a couple of my thoughts/experiences/little tidbits from everyday life, so that you have a peek into what is going through my mind at 5000 mph these days. I would like to call this part of the post: "Hannah's Faulkner Corner". That was a stream of consciousness joke. Oh my goodness, I am such an insufferable nerd.


---

  • "Just when you think that four year olds can't come up with a new arrangement for the alphabet, they prove you wrong. Oh, so wrong."
  • "If I do calf raises while I'm making photo copies, that should qualify as my exercise for the day."
  • "If this Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD doesn't work for the little kids, I will cry. I will just sit down on the floor and cry."
  • "There would probably be fewer wars if everyone carried a well-stocked pencil case in this world."
  • "Asistir = to attend and attender = to assist? Why, Spanish language. WHY!?"
  • "Biblioteca = library and libreria = book store? You're still stumping me, Spanish. Is this FUN for you? It is. You're totally doing this on purpose."
  • "Gerund. That is the funniest thing I've heard all day. Gerund… hehe."
  • "Pastelleria is a much nicer word for bakery than bakery."
  • "English, you are such a ridiculous language. Why am I helping you take over the world? None of you makes any sense. Seriously, phrasal verbs? Whose idea was that?"
  • "If someone properly pronounces a "j" sound today, I will give them my life savings."
  • "Tapas. New Hampshire needs tapas."
  • "Chorizo. New Hampshire needs chorizo."
  • "I am incapable of speaking any languages today. Words just aren't going to be a thing for the next 24 hours"
  • "If anyone gives out a single spoiler about the Hunger Games film between now and the time that I get home to see it, they will suffer greatly."
  • "Seriously, you think you can text through my class? I was in high school less than 12 months ago, kid. Between sophomore Biology and senior Chemistry I had plenty of experience with texting under table rims- and no, when I ask you what you're doing and you say 'looking at my hands' I'm not going to believe you. Put the phone away."
  • "No, land of sweatpants and Crocs, aka New Hampshire, you'll never take my personal style alive!! AIEEEEEE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment